Thursday, January 26, 2012

BE MINE

A couple of days ago I was in Pier One.....and saw a picture frame I loved...but it was $29...and thought better of it...so I kinda stalked it and then left thinking nothing more about it. Then yesterday I came across in my ramblings....a coat I bought last summer at Good Will ($1) and thought yikes perfect for that frame....then I found the frame in a bag of dicarded frames (but useful)...painted it black and the perfect circle I wanted to use...and bingo....several burnt fingers later......

{Our canoe trip from "Hell"}

All you need is.... a frame (not skinny) paint sides and front black...oh thinking a heart frame would be really cute.....a billion circles..thinking Pier I used red felt....(I ended up using the size of the red sprinkles jar), scissors and glue gun.


Fold circle in half...curl with fingers into a C glue bottom and place on frame...start at top left...not somewhere random like me....dah! To complete the "rose" another circle in half....curl with fingers into a backwards C and glue in between the first circle and around the bottom of first C....theres your rose....keep roses going in same direction. And if memory serves....it was uniformed on the frame which I tried to do....not hodgepodge.

{btw...Terry bought me that heart for Valentines Day in the late 80's...of course I told him where to get it... :) }

3 hours later....couple of tv shows, 1/2 of a long coat, and a MESS on my family room floor....
a cute frame
It really was easy....and COST me nothing!
Still nursing my fingers tho! =) 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute! hate those burned fingers!